Monday, January 24, 2011

Running Away in Love

A relationship based in love is a constant giving and receiving by each person. You will not lose yourself in a balanced relationship, because the right one for you will also support your needs; it can’t be otherwise.

The key is to pick the right person, and that takes courage. The right person will challenge you. The right person will scare you. The right person will demand the best of you and call you on your inconsistencies. But the right person will also be willing to work through problems when they arise, instead of bailing!

Mastin Kipp, via The Daily Love (via loveisandisnot)

I've been on both sides of this. I've been the one running away, but I have also been run out on, and it hurts on either end, truly. But it helps to know that I was escaping something unhealthy - something tearing me apart. I've come to terms with that now, and I have been able to move on and survive. All wounds heal, but it is not the time that heals them. It is the understanding that comes with the time. 


Don't be afraid to hurt or to feel - it reminds you who you are, and that you are. It all means something in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts.