Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pensamientos Positivos a una Querida:

"I am over this whole school thing. & guys. I'm over guys. & caring. If I could be over having feelings, I'd be there, too."

Today I had the opportunity to, with a few simple words, bring a smile to a face that was without one. These words came from a friend of mine, having a bad day and going through a tough time. I responded,

"Really? You would rather feel nothing? What about all the good things that happen in life?"

What about the love of a friend, the closeness of a hug, the warmth of the sun, grass on your feet, the way you feel when you run in to an old friend, when you look great. 

What about the little things? That joke that someone told that was so stupid it was funny? The time you aced that paper that you wrote in a half an hour? That day that you had free time for the first time in months? What about the mornings you wake up breathing and healthy? What about the times in those relationships that were really good - the memories that you may not be okay with now, but you want to remember later? What about the support of a family that gives you a rough time, but will be there for you through thick and thin? What about those days you come away from class thinking, wow, I really learned something today. What about the rest of your life?

My short little comment was returned with the statement,

"Your optimism has stumped my cynicism. It made me smile."

Because in the end, the optimism is always there, and it can always bring you back home; bring you back to reality and back into a life worth living. Optimism is a good thing, sometimes you just need help finding it.

Happy smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts.