Monday, October 11, 2010

Life Through This Window: A Response, Part Two

After reading a post from a fellow blogger, I recognized some ideas that I have been toying with, and was joyed to learn that they were commonalities - and that they were understood.


The second piece of this post is something I had been thinking about just the other day. It came in to my head when I was writing about my cynical view of humanity, and how everyone has an ulterior motive for their actions. It really got me thinking about why I try so hard to be someone people turn to - or why I try so hard to be a good person. I always say people are shit and that no one really cares. I say that we make promises to get ahead and that we do things to glorify ourselves. So is this why I write these posts? Am I trying to make it look like I have discovered the way we should be, and the everyone should be like me? It made me hesitant to write what I did and I found myself thinking extra hard about how to word certain things. I do not consider myself to be better than other people - I consciously work to cancel out the idea that people don't care. Just the fact that I have to work at it should say something - I fall right in with everyone else - but I was taught as a child and have developed the knowledge of my wrong-doings, and that is what I want to share with people. But at the same time, it still comes out as if I think that makes me better. So where do I draw the line? How do I describe the way I live my life without placing myself on top? 


The two of us, my fellow blogger and I, have not come to a conclusion to this dilemma. It is an interesting topic to think on, and I feel as if I have simply talked myself in a really big, confusing circle. 


But nevertheless, I will continue to do what I do and I will continue to reach out to people, because somewhere down the line it's working; somewhere down the line I am affecting people, and that's all that matters to me. I don't care about my motivations or the way it is perceived by others - as long as the affect is right on the receiving end. 


It goes back to confidence - don't be afraid to be wrong; don't be afraid of what others think of you. Make a choice and act on it and hope that it takes you where you want to go. 


So far, it is working for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts.