Thursday, July 29, 2010

Reconnection

Well, an interesting change of events.

As it turns out, the friend that came to visit as been changing with the best of them. Changing who she is and how she acts for her new boyfriend. I didn't notice when it was just us, but in group situations everyone is noticing it. It made me sad that she is going down that road - changing herself to make her more appealing in relationships. I wish she could just be herself.

But aside from this, the subject got me talking to my ex again. About things we haven't talked about in ages. I realized how much I missed talking to her, and how much I still cared if she was okay. We had gone through such a void in communication that when we started talking again, it was very surface. I recently broke down to her over an issue I was having, just because she happened to be online. She just listened. She didn't have to say anything. But it was nice to know that I still had someone who would be there if I needed anything. Someone removed from my new life, because, to be honest, some issues are best left removed. But, the changes our mutual friends are going through gave us something shared talk about, and led us to discussing our own changes, our past, and her hardships. It started taking us back to where we were before. It was a reconnection even better, and more meaningful than the one I'd had earlier.

We have agreed to talk again soon, and for that I am grateful. I want so much for us to continue our friendship, as changed as it may be, and to continue talking, sharing, and helping each other.  It's good to finally know that is a possibility.

Reconnect with someone today. You never know how much they, or even you, will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts.