Friday, August 6, 2010

The Breaking Point

Tonight was weird.
I got in a petty fight with my parents.
And I cried.
It was so stupid and unimportant and was basically solved by the end of the night.
But I sat in my car and cried.
For a good 15 minutes.

They're taking my bed home. Two and a half weeks before I move on campus and get a new one.
Is that what upset me? Not having a place to sleep?

Was it that my plans were dependent on them when I am so used to being free and on my own?

Was it that I got yelled at, like I was doing something wrong because I had my own, separate, busy schedule?

I have no idea.

But something in me broke.
I don't know if things piled up from the week..my frustration with class, not being able to see my old friends this weekend, seeing my grandparents house, thinking about Aunt Penny..
I guess a lot has been going on this week.
And I honestly didn't realize anything was wrong.
Until I snapped.

I guess, I've buried things so much that I hid them from myself.
I think that's why my posts have been so distant.
Why I can't grasp my monologues
Why I can't make real connections
Why I'm so afraid.
Because I don't even know myself.

That's quite a hard truth to take.

I don't even know what I am pulling from this that is positive.
Other than to trust those who know you. Because sometimes they know best.
Even if you don't want to believe it.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts.